As we speak… Alan is sat in the Temple Bar in Corralejo, with a well deserved beer in his paws… killing time before the 8pm Armas ferry back home to Playa Blanca. Apparently he has just tucked into a roast dinner, courtesy of John and Colin. Just as well I’m able to refrigerate the dinner I’d planned eh?! Moules Mariniere starter, and cebon steak main course for tomorrow it is. If you can get down to join us in meeting him off the boat… it gets in at 8:40pm – and then we’ll be nipping into Popeye’s Bar for a quick drinkie too.
For the last 3 weeks he has hiked across the 7 Canary islands… raising money for his 2 chosen charities. He has met some wonderful people… been helped by complete strangers who have seen online what he has been doing… and made some cracking friends along the way.
He has lots to tell you all – but for today we shall leave you with some overall statistics. We are a little unsure of some of the totals… and think that distance particularly is on the low side… but we’ll trust what the Endomondo website has given us… and share them with you.
- He walked 407.34 kilometers
- His total walking time was 96 hours 22 minutes and 22 seconds. That’s 4 days and 22 minutes!!
- He has burned 29776 calories
- His average speed was 4.23 kilmoeters per hour
- He ascended 3029 metres
As I say… Alan has various things to tell you once he gets home and settles in – but I shall leave all that to him. Don’t forget the Auction at Wax Bar on 10th May too!!!
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.