Day 10. Gran Canaria. Aguimes to Playa del Ingles
If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Today, Alan set off for the second leg of the Gran Canaria walk. He completed it by arriving at Playa del Ingles this evening. This is a long day like yesterday.
His back is doing much better now… although yesterday he had some problems with one of his calf muscles. But when I spoke to him this morning, he was confident that it would be fine. He says it’s quite windy and rain is forecast.
He will stay in Playa del Ingles tonight at the Aparthotel Playa del Inglés… then he is being collected tomorrow morning by the lovely Toka who met him yesterday. Toka is very kindly driving him back up to Las Palmas for his ferry, which is due at 3pm.
- Left Aguimes – 9:30am
- Reached Los Llanos – 11:30am
- Level with Taralajillo – 3:15pm
- Arrived in PLaya del Inglés – 4:30pm
Kilometres walked: 19.44
Time taken: 4hours, 46 minutes, 20 seconds
Top speed: 5.9 kph
Average speed: 4kph
Calories burned: 1421
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.