Day 11. Gran Canaria. Day off in Las Palmas
Today Alan rested… and deservedly too, after a couple of tough hikes in Gran Canaria.
His new friend Toka, collected him from Playa del Inglés this morning after Alan had a nice lay-in… and drove all the way back up North again to collect his ferry to Santa Cruz in Tenerife.
He has now raised over £1000 and looking to get even more!!
Tonight, Alan will stay at the Hotel Horizonte… before heading off tomorrow morning towards Aguimar. I think he’ll be staying in a little village just north of there… but can’t confirm that until tomorrow.
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Naviera Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.