Day 13. Tenerife. Las Caletillas to Arico.
If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
A big thank you to Annie and Abel who have been looking after Alan whilst he has been in Tenerife so far. Not only did they feed him and drop him back to his hotel in Las Caletillas last night (which is where they live) – but they have also collected him from Arico tonight and given him their “granny annexe” for the night… and will be dropping him off again in Arico tomorrow morning, so he can continue his walk.
Tomorrow he will be walking to Los Cristianos and spending the night with our good friend Stephen (from The Beach in Tenerife) and his good lady Cathy, and hopefully nipping out to The Irish Times – so do pop along to the bar and say “Hello Alan!” I am very jealous… but no doubt will get over to see them myself soon. Oh, and not forgetting their Boxer, Oscar too! Alan is really missing our dogs (more than he misses me apparently – but that’s because he has a liking for cold wet noses I think), so he’ll enjoy spending some time with Oscar.
Alan is going to be interviewed on Coast FM on Saturday… at around 1pm. You will be able to listen live from wherever you are in the world – just by heading to their website HERE and clicking on the button in the top right corner that says “Listen Live”.
- Start from Las Caletillas – 8am
- Reached Llano – 8:30am
- Reached Guimar – 10:15am
- Reached El Escobonal 2:30pm
- Reached Arico 6:45pm
Alan is staying in Tenerife until early Sunday morning, when he will be getting the boat across to La Gomera – let’s hope he keeps his stomach contents on the boat this time!
Distance – 29.07km
Time – 7h 9m 49s
Top speed – 6.1kph
Ave speed – 4kph
Calories burned – 2125
You can view where he walked HERE and HERE. Remember that if you are on those links whilst he is actually walking… click the current day and you can track him live.
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.