Day 22. El Hierro. AND HE’S DONE!!!
If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”
And he’s done!!! Well done Alan!!! He phoned just as he stepped over the town limits… so myself, and the lovely Matt and Alison were able to cheer him through completion.
- Leaves Sabinosa – 8:45am
- Reached Tigaday 10:15am
- Reached Frontera 11:00am
- FINISHED!!! Arrives at Valverde – 15:00pm
This is Island Number Seven now complete.
Always nice to see articles about Alan – and here’s one from the lovely Sheila in La Palma. Click HERE to read. And thank you to Mike & Julie Cliffe-Jones for their article on Lanzarote Information too!
Distance – 15.95km
Time – 4h 03m 09s
Top speed – 5.6kph!! Downhill with the wind behind you Alan?
Ave speed – 3.9kph
Calories burned – 1168
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.