How you can help with the Siete Islas Walk…
I know it’s early days yet, but I thought I’d get the ball rolling – and ask you for some ideas for fund raising…
Of course I’d love you to donate to the charities either before, during or after the walk via the Just Giving site. However I’m very aware how bloody annoying it can be getting hit up for every charity and every sponsored event going – so I make the promise that I will not ask anyone directly. Donating to charity is a personal choice, and I very much respect that.
However, I’d really like to top what I managed to raise walking Lanzarote with this one, so whether or not you choose to make a personal donation, I thought I’d put together some ideas as to other ways in which you can help either raise funds or put the word out. More publicity means more funds for the Rose Road Association and Niños del Tercer Mundo!
- Join my Facebook page and share links to articles and updates on the page or this site on Facebook
- Follow me and retweet on Twitter
- Tell your friends via social networks or in person
- If you have a blog or website write about it, or if you have a website please link to the Just Giving page.
- If you have a bar would you consider arranging a fund raising event at the time? (For instance, when I did the Lanzarote walk the staff of Wax Bar in Playa Blanca donated their tips)
- If you have another form of business would you consider something else you can do you help? (For instance, one friend has offered a percentage of his turnover for the period I’m away)
- If you work in an office, spread the word amongst your colleagues
- Do you have any goods, or services you could donate that we can either auction or sell off?
I’ll probably come up with some more ideas between now and when I do the walk, but I’d also love to hear any suggestions you might have if you want to email me or leave a comment in the box below.
If you’d like to pledge some money in advance subject to me completing the walk you can do so using the form below.
(Please note: Your email address will not be used for any other purpose than to send a reminder to you, and will be deleted once that’s been sent.)