If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Well… that’s Tenerife now completed! Alan is well into his stride… and says he could continue forever. He has thoroughly enjoyed Tenerife, and it’s good for him to see something new around each corner.
This evening, Alan will be in the Irish Times pub in Los Cristianos, where there is a live band. Many many thanks to Stephen and Cathy for giving him a place to stay… for making Shepherd’s Pie…and for looking after him for me!
Alan has been featured this week in Tenerife Weekly. Click the picture top right, and then flick to page 8. You can zoom in to read by clicking on the magazine.
Remember that Alan is going to be interviewed on Coast FM tomorrow… at around 1pm. You will be able to listen live from wherever you are in the world – just by heading to their website HERE and clicking on the button in the top right corner that says “Listen Live”.
- Start from Arico – 8am
- Reached Playa de Las Americas, and therefore completed Tenerife – 6:30pm
Alan is staying in Tenerife until early Sunday morning, when he will be getting the boat across to La Gomera – let’s hope he keeps his stomach contents on the boat this time!
Distance – 29.42km
Time – 7h 18m 8s
Top speed – 5.9kph
Ave speed – 4kph
Calories burned – 2151
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.