If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Again – thank you to Stephen and Cathy for looking after Alan in Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The photo in the top right is of all of them with S & C’s daughter, Elinor… who we met a few months back when they were here on their holidays.
It gets a little trickier now… as although Alan can walk well…. he is restricted by ferry times to get between the islands.
La Gomera is Island number five.
Just before we get started, I must just post a link from Stephen’s blog – catching up with when Alan was there: http://www.thebeachintenerife.com/events/alan-coast-fm-teide/
- Leaves Tenerife on the ferry for La Gomera – 8:45am
- Arrives in San Sebastian – 10am
- Reaches the National Park – 1:45pm
- Arrives at Las Hayas – 6:30pm (tbc)
Alan has got rained on today. He says it is very similar to walking in the Lake District, or in Scotland. At one point, he was walking along a ridge that was quite windy… and wasn’t too happy – but he’s past that now.
He will take two days to do La Gomera now, and so is stopping at a hotel called Jardin Las Hayas this evening… and will complete the last stretch tomorrow.
Distance – 23.05km
Time – 6h 24m 16s
Top speed – 5.5kph
Ave speed – 3.7kph
Calories burned – 1685
Only a couple pics to rotate today – but am sure he’ll take more tomorrow.
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.