If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Alan finished La Gomera yesterday late afternoon and settled in overnight in Valle Gran Rey.
Today he tried (and failed) to get a lay in before getting the bus back to San Sebastian… and from there, the ferry to Santa Cruz de La Palma.
Tonight, Alan is staying at the Rocamar Hotel in SC La Palma. Tomorrow he will either bus to Barlovento and then walk back down to Santa Cruz… or he’ll walk up and then bus back. Then on the following day he’ll walk down south to Fuencaliente and bus back up to Santa Cruz.. or vice versa. If all goes to plan, then he’ll finish on Thursday amnd head to El Hierro on Friday.
The end is in sight!
La Gomera is Island number five. Not a lot to say today – so will just leave you with some photos.
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.