If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Alan was up very early this morning – 4:45am to be exact, so that he could be ready in time to get the ferry from Santa Cruz de La Palma to Los Cristianos. Once in Los Cristianos he then had to wait until early evening to get a connecting ferry to El Hierro. Unfortunately, the La Palma to El Hierro route was discontinued recently… hence the double stage trip.
How lovely it was for him then… to get to see our friends Cathy and Stephen again… as well as their daughter Elinor, and their boxer dog, Oscar… in Los Cristianos, Tenerife.
Alan eventually arrived on El Hierro at about 8:30 – an hour after he was due there. Tonight he will be staying at the Boomerang Hotel in Valverde.
Tomorrow Alan will be setting off very early so as to fit to whole walk in one day. Although as the crow flies, it’s not a ide island.. the twsists and turns of the roads make it quite a hike.
Alan will be sleeping at Boomerang in Valverde again on Saturday night. On Sunday, he will fly from Valverde to Las Palmas… and then from Las Palmas to Fuerteventura. From there he will sail to Playa Blanca with Armas… arriving at approximately 8:40pm. A few of us will be welcoming him home – so if you would like to join us down at the ferry… please do so. After that… it is up to Alan whether he goes straight home… or nips into Popeye’s Bar for a quick drink instead. I guess we’ll play it by ear. If anyone has any urgent questions tomorrow, please just give me a bell on 0034 664085499… as I won’t be at the computer the whole time.
Today’s photos don’t come from Alan. Instead we must all thank Stephen from The Beach in Tenerife for taking them, and uploading them. Makes a change to see Alan the other side of the camera for once!!
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.