The top 9 places to stay if you’re thinking of visiting Slough
- London – a proper city
- Windsor – has a castle
- Reading – pretty gruesome but it’s not Slough or Swindon
- Newbury – got a racecourse
- Maidenhead – at least it’s on the Thames
- Henley-on-Thames – you can go rowing
- Farnborough – they have an air show
- Wokingham – not all that but it’s better than Slough
- …just about anywhere else!
December 3, 2013 @ 11:42 am
I’ve been to Slough. Betjeman was right about the bombs.
December 3, 2013 @ 11:56 am
Here’s a link for anyone reading this who is wondering what the reference is – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough_(poem)
December 4, 2013 @ 6:08 pm
Never been – no desire to. The name itself is enough for anyone who’s read Pilgrim’s Progress.