Here is a recap of Alan’s Day Two of his Siete Islas Charity Walk. It is the second part of the Lanzarote section.
If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Alan finished at Ferrocur Tías yesterday late afternoon / early evening… and was picked up by Sam (Alan’s eldest son) and taken to Puerto Calero so he could sleep on their yacht last night.
At around 8:20 this morning, he set off again… from Ferrocur Tías where he stopped yesterday evening, for the second part of his Lanzarote section of the walk. He has already ben met by John Brindley, who stopped for a quick chat on his way to meet some hiking buddies.
He is positive and raring to go again – which is great and shows that the standard has been set for the walk so far.
- Tias – 8:30am
- Eurospar Macher – 9:15am
- Uga – 10:45am
- Yaiza 11:15am – and stop for lunch
- Las Breñas /Mirador de Femés – 1:30pm
- Playa Blanca – 3pm
- Home – 3:30pm!
26.35 kilometers / 5 hours 53 minutes 23 seconds / Ave speed 4.5kph / Top speed 6kph / Calories burned 1926
You can see where he walked HERE.
He is now home safe… and will soon be chomping through the roast chicken dinner he asked me to cook for him.
Tomorrow morning will see him up bright and early and heading over to Fuerteventura… where he will start walking from Corralejo.
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for paying for Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.