If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
Alan had a bit of a tougher walk today, as he had to negotiate some dodgy tunnels – but he did it and arrived in Santa Cruz from Barlovento just before 5pm.
The lovely Sheila gave him a lift up to the North this morning, whch also gave him a chance to see his route before walking it- the first time he’s been able to do that since Fuerteventura! Click the thumbnail in the top right for a photo she took of him just before he started today’s walk.
- Leaves Barlovento – 9am
- Reached Ramirez – 10:20am
- Reached San Juan – 11:30am
- Reached La Rivera – 15:30pm
- Arrives at Santa Cruz – 17:00pm
This is Island Number Six now complete – and he only has El Hierro to do. Tomorrow will be chock full of travelling, as there is no longer a direct route from La Palma to El Hierro. So he has to get the 5:45am ferry from La Palma to Los Cristianos, Tenerife… and then the 5:30pm ferry from Los Cristianos to Valerde, El Hierro. He’ll then stay wherever I book him into that night before completing the final stretch on Saturday. Then we’ll try to get him home again. Anyone got a private plane? 😀
Distance – 20.5km
Time – 5h 18m 13s
Top speed – 10.4kph!! Downhill with the wind behind you Alan?
Ave speed – 3.6kph
Calories burned – 1498
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.