If you would like a more “as it happens” update… then go to his Facebook page HERE and click “like”.
If you have been following Alan’s progress, you will know that he reached Playa de Las Americas yesterday afternoon / evening. From there he was collected by our friend Stephen, who took him to Los Cristianos.
Stephen’s lovely wife, Cathy, had a shepherd’s pie ready for him… and have spoiled him rotten since he arrived. He got to meet their Boxer Dog, Oscar – and apparently the two of them got on fantastically! They took him to The Irish Times last night – and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. It was good for him to be able to relax a little before the next leg of his walk.
Today, he went along to Coast FM radio station, and was interviewed by Ray Wilde who runs the Saturday lunchtime slot there. Here is a short snippet of video from the show (thanks to Stephen for recording this)
After the show, Alan, Stephen and Cathy went up to Mount Teide – probably Tenerife’s most famous and beautiful feature.
Many thanks to Stephen and Cathy for looking after Alan so well! There’s a spare room here for you any time you want to pop over of course!!!
Once again a special thank you for the help we’ve received from the following individuals and companies;
- Mitch Mitchell – Lanzarote’s favourite personal trainer the ‘man in black’ for getting Alan’s fitness and stamina to optimum levels
- David White from Axia FX – for sponsoring Alan’s costs during the trek
- Ray from Agua Clara for sponsoring Alan’s water consumption during the trip
- Irma from Yaiza te Informa for all her help with the Spanish press and much more!
- Joanne & Louise at Balan Sports for the supply of Alan’s printed t-shirts
- Navira Armas – for sponsoring all ferry crossings during the charity walk
- … and of course to everyone who has donated sponsorship… and also prizes for the upcoming auction at Wax Bar
You can make a donation using the link below. And, if you’d like to offer some practical help here are a few ideas. Or, if you have some goods or talents you could contribute they’d be gratefully received for the Wax Bar charity auction. A list of the items available for the auction so far is HERE – and is updated as more lots are offered.