It can’t just be me who rolls my eyes every time I flick open my laptop in the morning. Or maybe it is. Maybe I’m just a ‘half empty’ kind of guy. Though there is a bit of me that really wishes I could have a bit of what ‘they are on‘.
By ‘they’ I mean the people who bombard, every morning, the Internet – my Internet – with pictures of rainbows, unicorns, kittens, puppies, penguins, dolphins or whatever other cute animal is the order of the day in la la land. Such images are more often than not accompanied by a statement to the effect of ‘What a wonderfully beautiful world we live in!”
Sorry you people, I’ve got news for you. As a general rule of thumb, the world is a pretty bloody awful place!
- There are no unicorns in Syria where people are getting murdered in what is arguably the worst civil war since Vietnam.
- I doubt somehow the people who have (allegedly) been abused by Rolf Harris have much faith in unicorns and rainbows. The British old guard entertainment establishment are increasingly looking like the biggest paedophile ring in history. Let’s be honest, nobody with half a brain was shocked by Saville – we all knew it deep down – but seriously, ‘Uncle Rolf‘ a paedophile. WTF. Who can you trust nowadays. Nobody apparently!
- There were no unicorns in unused spare bedrooms of the people who have committed suicide because of the ridiculous bedroom tax.
- I’ve yet to see a unicorn sat on the shoulder of those pricks from the EDL as they spout their hatred (thinly disguised as ‘patriotism’ – sic!) across the airwaves and the Internet.
- There was no unicorn on the bus which the innocent girl in India boarded and was subsequently brutally gang raped.
- There are definitely no unicorns sniffing out IEDs in Helmand Province.
I could go on, but I’ll stop now, I think I’ve made my point…
The world is, always has been, and always will be a pretty badly fucked up place!